ADVERTISING RATES as of Sept. 1, 2010
The Belton-Honea Path News-Chronicle circulation is about 3,000. Most of our readers are in the Belton, Honea Path, Donalds, Iva areas, but we have some who are located throughout the state and the U.S.A.
The News-Chronicle publishes weekly on Wednesdays. It has published since 1894 and 1925, the combined founding dates of the original newspapers - The (Honea Path) Chronicle and The Belton News.
All ads are paid in advance via check, cash, MO. We do not accept debit or credit cards.
Deadlines for ads
- All display ads are due by each Thursday at 5 p.m.
- All classified line ads are due by Monday at 5 p.m. (the earlier the better).
- Local Rates $7.25 per column inch.
- Repeat advertising features a discount of 10 percent on ads which run consecutive week(s) with no changes.
- Color is $60 per color.
- Camera-ready ads are welcome or the News-Chronicle personnel will be happy to set up the ad
- Online ads maybe be placed on our website at an additional $10 per week
The standard measurements of paper are 11.5 inches wide by 21 inches deep. Most pages are six columns wide at 1.75 inches per column wide with a one-pica gutter between the columns.
Classified line advertising
Preprinted Insert Rates
- Rates are 5.5 cents each for 1-4 page inserts; 6 cents each for 5-6 pages; 8 cents for 7-up. We do not have the facilities for pallets and can not accept inserts that are larger than our paper size. Zoned delivery can be arranged.
Legal Ad Rates
- Rates are $7.25 per column ince. Legal ads may be accepted from attorneys via email, postal service or fax. An affidavit will be provided upon completion of the final advertising date.
- Beer, win and alcohol legal notices are $50, payable in advance, for three runs with affidavit provided following publication